I would like to take some time to give you a glimpse of my background in education.
- I have been a Lancaster County resident my entire life. I love this area, and I am happy to make a difference here.
- I am a graduate of Hempfield High School, class of 2004.
- I graduated from Millersville University in 2009, cum laude.
- I hold a Bachelors Degree in the Science of Education Social Studies.
- My teaching certifications include: Social Studies 7-12, and Business, Computers, and Information Technology Education PK-12.
- I have been working in public education since 2009.
- I have been teaching at Columbia since 2013.
- Some of my interests include, but are not limited to: hiking, cooking, television and film, sports (I am a Philadelphia sports fan), reading, writing, computers, history, martial arts, spending time with family and friends, fishing, astronomy, and of course music, I am a music lover to the tenth degree!
- A decided to become a teacher for a few reasons, primarily, I had a teacher in high school who helped to guide, mentor, and challenge me to be the best person I could be. I wasn't an ideal student growing up, and I made a lot of bad decisions. If not for him, my life would have been very different. He challenged me to dig deep and take personal responsibility for my future. I decided that I want to have that same effect on the lives of my students. Teaching is my passion. I sincerely enjoy teaching the students of Columbia, and challenging them to succeed at the levels I know they are capable of reaching.